Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Advanced/Special Functions MS906BT vs MS...
Advanced/Special Functions MS906BT vs MS905

2852 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2016-12-29 16:43:07

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    autokeypro
    2016-12-29 14:25:37
      I found out that the MS905 Maxisys Mini is discontinued now, any specific reason for that?

Is the special Functions between MS905 and MS906 and MS906BT and MS908 the exact same? Which one has the most? When I go into the documents for each manufacturer from Autel, they all open the same PDF with the exact same Special Functions between them all, I don't think that's right.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-12-29 16:43:07 (Reply to:autokeypro)

I'm no authority , but My best guess is the  MS905 is being replaced by the MS906 BT which probably affords a little better impact protection in the event the scanner is dropped. I think the Android OS may be a newer level on the MS906 series and Maxi Sys Elite.(Ice Cream Balls instead of Kitt Kat Nuts or something BS like that you would probably need to root the device to see any added features between the 2 OS) I don't buy into one scanner coding is just minimal and the pricier model is advanced. Support could not clarify with examples of what you will miss buying the price point corded MS906 that replaces the DS708(other than missing cordless Bluetooth abilities and updates for 2 high end Euro makes). I remember the DS 708 was once  the Flagship Scanner that was hyped as being very close to dealer level capabilities and after the MaxiSys came out it suddenly got listed as having  minimal coding abilities, LMAO,  yet Autel denies any downgrading to any of it's repair software.  I think the non J2534 VCI auto repair software ( without J-box programming files) between all the Maxi Sys Scanners is basically identical , except the price point MS906  might forgo a couple  High end European car makes like Maserati that most techs will never work on, or at least not receive further  updates to those 2 makes, other than staying where they were at when the DS708 got discontinued from production.

Total1 Pages